Saturday, May 30, 2009

Coming Home? Countdown!



Gary is receiving his dose of IVIG (antibodies). We have about 2 more hours and then they say we can go home. We will most likely be home by bedtime. Gary is sleeping soundly right now because they gave him benedryl in his IV. Right now his pressure is good. He woke up this morning very stiff and having neck pain again. I had them give the naproxen so he could get moving. Our roommate is surprisingly pleasant. It is a baby girl and she is quiet for the most part. She has a very soft cry. They were scheduled for discharged this morning but were just told they won't be going home for 48 hours. (Hard not to listen when they are standing on the other side of the curtain.) Good news is that he is due for his methotrexate shot and they are going to push it thru is IV before we go! So I don't have to give him a shot! There is always that slim chance we will be held up, but so far, it looks good.



A FRIEND

We decided to take Gary down to the playroom this morning where I ran into an old friend! She spent the day with us, helping with Gary and getting each other caught up on our lives. My sister and her seem to have much to talk about because she use to work for Alaska Airlines. It was fun listening to them talk about airport stuff. My friend volunteers here on Saturdays. I ask that you add her to your prayers. She has had a tough year and is battling breast cancer. It is so courageous of her to come out and say, "I have breast cancer." I can relate. It is hard to say, "my child has a disease." You don't like saying it, and I don't like people hearing it for so many reasons. I don't like that they will be too sympathetic. I don't like they will not be sympathetic enough. It is a toss up. I feel honored when someone shares devasting news like that. I can only hope and pray that my reaction and concern was something she needed. Thanks Ms. V for spending the day with us!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Lord, for the doc's sending the med's through IV and sparing mom the pain of giving Gary a shot. And we Rejoice in You, Lord, for the wonderful moment of rest that followed the benedryl! Deuteronomy 26:11
    "So you shall rejoice in every good thing which the LORD your God has given to you"

    ReplyDelete