Friday, May 15, 2009

Another Flare Up

Gary had a great day today with pain here and there. Around 5pm he began to get tired. Then began to cry and didn't stop. His face started to swell and I had to call in the forces to distract him to see if we could snap him out of it. We are all swimming in uncharted territory right now. Trying to figure out when to go to the ER and when its just his disease. I got Tylenol and it did nothing. I then gave him his next dose of Naproxen (part of the forces). I then called in the other forces, Aunt Amy, Aunt Alyssa, and Uncle Bill. Uncle Bill being the key factor. Uncle Bill can usually break him out of anything. We all went and sat in a shade. It really stinks because sunny days are not my friend now which is confusing to me but it is what it is. I am gonna need to hit the tanning booth. This time last year I was starting a delicious golden brown tan. Oh well. Anyway, he calmed down but continued to flare. Red face, red fingers, swollen face, swollen eyelids. It has taken awhile for the Naproxen to kick in. Our next force is benedryl. So far so good. I have not needed to give it. If I can hold out till bed time it will be better for him because I need to get him to take his steroid. Have I mentioned how much I hate this?? I know everyone is telling me he is going to come out of this with flying colors. But it is just like riding your bike up a big hill. It still hurts to get there.

The naproxen has been in him for an hour now but he is still saying ouch a whole lot as he walks. I am so thankful that I have my sisters. My husband is umpiring till very late and all day tomorrow. I don't like to be left alone with Gary. Sounds crazy huh? His flare up's make me freak a bit. Might as well just go live at the hospital. Being perfectly candid and you might think this is crappy. When I see or here about a healthly child, I get jealous. I know that is weird. I just want him to be better. I just don't want to worry about whether or not he will be able to swing a bat. I know God has this. I don't need anyone to tell me. I am still human though. I still will behave as a child. A child of God that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment