Tuesday, September 22, 2009

LABS today

We are scheduled for labs today. After the chemo drug, they need labs on the 10th, 14th, and 21st day. Besides closely monitoring his levels, it will help them determine the dosage for our next overnight stay. We have been busy running here and there. Yesterday we went with Grandpa and Auntie to hang out at the hospital while Grandma had her surgery. Gary was being carried by Grandpa onto the elevator. Suddenly he looked very worried. He tucked his little hands behind his back so no one could see them. Once again, he thought we were there for him and it was IV time. He really understands when you tell him things. I told him we were not here for him. We were there to see Grandma. He relaxed and asked, "Grandma? Tube? Oh." Luckily and to our surprise a friend worked on the surgical floor. She had said a few of her co-workers sat down and said, "did you see that cute little tanker out there playing?!". That's it. T-Shirt time. It's hard not to make things up in my head. I always am paranoid that I am being judged, especially if Gary is asking for a snack. Then my rational side kicks in and I really don't care. Gary is so awesome the way he is! Big, small, short, tall.

Last night was our methotrexate shot. OUUUUCHHHHIEEESSS. I always have ice cream on stand by. As soon as he saw me coming he locked himself under the covers. It was so cute. I hate having to do it. But as I said before, he understands. I told him it was time and that I would do it as quick as I could. He crys but his recovery time is just a few minutes. He is glad to have it over with, as am I!

I am happy to report that yesterday was a no accidents day in the potty training world!

We had fun visiting with Auntie Colleen yesterday. Gary managed not to break anything.

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys we have been praying for you! I am glad to be back home and at work. No more Chicago until December. Sounds like you guys are doing fabulous. I am glad about the potty training I know how hard it is. I think we just got it for good. (I hope!) As far as concern goes Kya is the same way. She was really nervous and crabby the whole way to Chicago. She knew what was going to happen and was just dreading it.

    I hope that you are able to lower your dose of medicine and spread them out. There is no better feeling than being able to decrease meds or treatment!

    I will tell you that our new little physical therapist has been great for Kya! I never thought about it that way, but she has focused on taking care of the dog and it has been a good thing. I am still not sure how I feel about a dog in the house, but if it will help her abs and her emotions it is worth it! I just keep reminding myself whatever it takes to beat this we will do.

    I am so excited for you guys and I know that you will beat it! You are a great mom that will do anything for Gary and that is what it takes. My mom laughed at me talking about a patients rights and demanding certain things be done certain ways, but they all said they want me if they have to stay at the hospital! Kya and Kaysa pray for Gary constantly. Someone asked me who Gary was after the girls prayed and Kya said he's a boy like me who is going to get better. With faith like that you know it is all in God's hands and these two are going to tear up the world in the future!

    Thanks for the email and confidence in me. I haven't given up, but I still haven't heard anything yet. I will continue to pray for you and your family. I hope and pray that you get great test results.

    Your good friend,
    Kalee

    ReplyDelete