Monday, September 14, 2009

Labs on Friday

We have our first lab draw on Friday to check levels. His aldolase from last week seems to be creeping back up but I think it's Gary's way of driving Mom crazy with worry. So I am not. For the past two days he has had extreme sweating. The sweat was pooling up under his little eyes and his head was wet all day. He was running and around playing. I acknowledge that. However, none of the other children were drenched. They all look completely fine despite that it was warm. So I decided to call the doctor to ask if it was a side effect of the new blood pressure medicine he was on. The nurse said that it is a side effect and to make sure he is drinking to keep him hydrated. She later called back however, to say that the doctors said that is not from the medication. They want to test blood sugars when we go in on Friday. He hasn't had much trouble with the profuse sweating today so we shall see. I did read up on it and steriods use can cause diabetes. Like I said before, I will be surprised if it turns out to be that. Other than that Gary's energy is never ending. Trying to get a two year old to take it easy is not easy. He could step into the shower very easy last night but with all that he does, I would have trouble lifting my leg too! Geeessshhhh kid! :)

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are having a few good days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon Erika, Today is Wednesday halfway to Friday. Hope the hydration is going well for your little prince. Looking forward to a great lab on Friday for him. Keep up the faith and enjoy the beautiful fall weather.
    Take care my friends,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomorrow is the day. Go with peace and joy, trusting that the healing process is going strong........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the tests go ok today Erika...((hugs)) Kelle'

    ReplyDelete