Friday, July 31, 2009

Swallow Study

Gary will not be having his NG tube taken out just yet. He still is showing signs of difficulty. Bummer, but just as well. He was very in tune this evening with having to have a IV put in. It was not his normal behavior. It was so important to me that they get it on the first try this time. I did everything in my power to ensure that happen. I took him to the tube room and gave him a hot bath. Then gave the nurse specific instructions on how I wanted his hands and arms wrapped. It worked great. The IV nurse barely got the needle in and WA LAA, we hit a fountain. Our schedule is set back right now due to a code blue a few doors down. I have not had the privilege to experience one of those just yet. They are very emotion and amazing. The nurses in every part of the hospital SPRINT like the place is on fire. Security even comes to make sure the halls stay clear. Crazy. Robert got here towards the end and walking thru the hospital seeing everyone running like it was a race to the finish line.

Gary's levels will be back in the morning. The doctors will give us our new plan after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment