Thursday, November 12, 2009

Good

So we officially are done with Cytoxan.  Yes.  We have started cellcept.  Today we were so so happy to meet our friend Lynn for lunch.  I like him and so does Gary. 


Flu Shots
Yooooowwwwwiiiieeee that hurt.  How does my two year old do it?   I am still sore.  My neck even stiffen'd up!  Too think what my baby goes thru. I get a shot once! And I am all whiney about it : ( .  But I was talking to my soon to be brother in law.  He said his was sore for about a week. Makes me feel a little better.  I was not prepared.  I was prepared to get the kids vaccinated but not myself.  When they asked me, "will Mom be getting vaccinated herself", I freaked a little and thought I really hadn't prepared.  To make a long story short, they told me to calm down.   What do you mean calm down. I have had three babies, you calm down.  LOL   Still thru me off guard.  Sniffffff.   Poor Gary boy, to think he gets this once a week.


What I Look forward Too
I look forward to Gary losing the complexion he has right now.  It has always reminded me of the kid off of Pet Semetary after he came back. Think I have mentioned that before.  I had a small panic episode the other day.  He had started to try and take a nap in the car.  I caught a glimpse of him and the white irrrey look that we all normally get when we fall asleep,   well you can imagine ones look when they are taking a lot of different drugs, especially chemo drugs.  He looked like a ghost.  Reality creeps in on me after all these months as if a reminder or as if to steal my faith from right out from under me.  He just looked BAD.  There I said it.  No matter how hard I settle into this all being his normal, that makes no difference.  I can't  get use to the look of the chalky white he gets.  It really can be scary.  I had to call one of my sisters who talks me back down, gets me to step away.  Reminding me of everything he has been thru.  As if I forgot and we need to revisit each day starting at day one because I can hardly believe it.  I am so grateful to have that support system in my life.  Someone or actually more than one to say,  CALM yourself, we know, we are here, it will all be fine, we hate it too.  He is really beautiful.   He is a crazy beautiful.  Emphasis on the crazy as well which is such a mind game in itself.  One minute pale as if he is ready to be barried, the next,  tearing my house apart.   LOL.


Mountain Valley Heating and Air Conditioning
So I plugged this company on my Facebook.  I will plug it here as well.  They are awesome.  They have blessed me and the least I could do is try and bless them back with a little advertising?  So, if you ever have trouble with your furance or air conditioner, call  Mountain Valley Heating and Air Conditioning, 425-226-0080.  Ask for Erik.  Thank you to tears for blessing us!

2 comments:

  1. Gary is beautiful! You soooo hit the nail on the head when you said "our lives are CRAZY BEAUTIFUL"! That's how I feel! Gary is such an inspiration to me! I know if that little guy can take shots every week than a 31 year old woman can do it and should so not complain about it! I was on cellcept before! Good Luck!
    Sorry ya had to get a flu shot! Ouchy! We had to get ours to Swine and Regular! I get stuck with more needles than I ever care to!
    I am praying for you and your family!
    Please pray for me to! My hair is falling out from all this chemo meds and DM! My me-maw bought me the Paris Hilton wig thingy! That's hot huh! Ha! Ha! Anyways I know I am being vain but it's hard!
    Prayin for ya
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good morning,
    I was great meeting you and Gary for lunch on Thursday, along with your hubby. As with most kids, I was not surprised at his shyness upon meeting you for the first time. Being 6'4" is intimating to most of the 4 & 5 year olds I teach, but the hug he gave me when I left was priceless.

    I am glad that you both liked me, as you now have a friend in Oregon to visit when the visit to the relatives is over. If nothing else I can provide you with much needed comic relief!!

    About Gary being 'crazy beautiful', keep in mind that he has a whole missed summer to make up for. The group 'Chasen' also sings a song called Crazy Beautiful. It reminds us that we are made in His image and that we do not need anyone's approval, just believe in ourselves and God loves us. What a great song.

    Well, keep up the great care of your precious little man and I will keep him in my prayers that he will continue to perservere in his "mission".

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete