Monday, February 28, 2011

Feb Infuse

View downsized...jpg in slide show
We had a another infusion.  Labs look great.  Gary is doing good.  This infusion was a little rough.  The benadryl and tylenol wore off at the end of the infusion.  He started crying and got those little red hives on his chest arms and back.  The steroids are making him unpleasant.  I got socked in the nose twice yesterday.  What can you do.  

This is the part I am surprised hasn't come sooner.  The part where this whole thing isn't new to anybody.  The part where everyone seems to go on with things.  The part where it becomes normal.  I don't want it to be the normal but it has too.  It's amazing to me the emotions I go through STILL with all this.  I still want to feel upset especially when things change or after an infusion.  It's the part where you yourself to battle through.    When life goes on.  It feels like going to the doctor, and accidentally being left in the exam room.

1 comment:

  1. Ericka,
    You described this as if you picked my brain an held it down "it feels like going to the doctor and accidently being left in the exam room" that is exactly how it feels! I am so glad Gary is doing well! I get hives like that as well during Rituxan infusion if my Benadryl wears off so they always pump me full of that stuff...yucko

    Oh I feel ya on the roid rages sometimes I feel as though Im gonna Hulk out LOL...they are steroid pulsing me now and it's been rough!

    I am so glad he is doing ok I have been checking everyday for an update!

    It is crazy that this becomes are normal and as much as we don't want it to be our normal for now it is and even when we get in remission and go back to normal it will never be the normal we once had for we will always be changed from DM...

    love you
    Sums

    ReplyDelete