Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Holiday Kick Off

Yeah for it being that time of year again.  Boo for it being that time of year again.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We did!  Lots of family over.  I love being with family.  We even got to meet family I have never met before so it was definitely good conversation. 

We have our IVIG infusion this Friday.  We arrive at 815 in the morning.  I purposely scheduled it early because last time IVIG took eight hours.  Gary rash on his face that I have been waiting patiently to go away on its own has not.  It is looking redder and a bit rougher.    His levels that were low from the cell cept came back up enough for us to increase the dose to max for him.  I told them he still pale.  They said he is anemic so to start him on a multi vitamin with iron.  His LDH level also popped up but we will just have to keep an eye on it.  His strength is excellent.  He has been a bit sluggish but I am sure that is from the anemia.  Time to serve this family up some liver.     Gack!   No way.  We have appointments set for a dermatologist and to have his eyes checked.

1 comment:

  1. Happy beginning of the holidays to you to!! I am with you on the serving liver thing Yucky, Yucky, Yucky, Gack!! Ha! Ha!

    Hope Gary's treatment goes well Friday, sorry it's during the holiday season :0(

    I am anemic again from all these meds and they have me on a prescription iron pill! It works though!! I betcha he is tired from the anemia thing cause I get real sluggish when my levels are all over the place!!

    Hang in there!!
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete